In this article I’ll be demonstrating how to set up IMAP for Microsoft Outlook 2010. This works with newer version of Plesk, but non-BWT hosting customers should check with their hosting provider for correct settings.
1. Go to HOME and choose “Add Account”
2. From the Auto Account Setup – Fill in the bottom bubble and click Next
3. Here, continue with the first bubble Internet E-mail. Click Next
4. In the Internet E-mail Settings, fill out the following:
- You name – This is NOT your signature. It’s your display name for the email itself.
- Your email address
- Account type – IMAP for this example because we want to access our mail from other mobile devices. This is basically a “mirror” of your server mail.
- Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server – See #5
- Username – can be the whole email or just the first part before the @
- Remember password – checked
- If you’re an advanced user you can add this account to your current .pst file. If not, or you want each account to have its own .pst file, keep New Outlook Data File checked.
5. The incoming and outgoing mail servers will both be the domain.com name. Then click More Settings…
6. Choose the tab Outgoing Server and check the first box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and the first bubble. Then click the Advanced tab.
7. Fill in the following:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 143 (unless you have an SSL for your domain you would use 993)
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Root folder path: INBOX
- Click OK when done.
8. Click NEXT and Outlook should perform a Test. If all goes well, you should see a green check mark. If not, a red X will appear.
9. If Outlook successfully sent and received, the box will disappear. Click Next to finish. Outlook should create the necessary folders for you automatically.
10. If you get any errors or messages, please jot them down and call us at 455-1464 and we’ll help you fix these errors the best we can.